Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Prayer for Sandy

Kelley Holland (Our Daily Bread Designs owner) knows how to be a good friend as evidenced by this post. Much like what I recently experienced with my dear friend Debbie, and her sister's cancer, Kelley will now experience with her friend, Sandy. I knew I wanted to extend a hand of friendship to these gals, so this card is being mailed to Sandy tomorrow. If you can spare a prayer or a card of encouragement, I know you will be blessed.

Another flower card ... what can I say?! This one uses a beautiful clear set by Inkadinkado called Garden Flowers. {I'm sorry I cannot link anywhere online to this set! The closest I found is a re-designed set at http://www.inkadinkado.com/ but I purchased mine at Archivers.} The card base is SU Blue Bayou cardstock. First, I stamped CHF Backgrounder Pretty Pattern on SU Very Vanilla cardstock, then overstamped the flower randomly and as a centerpiece. I liked the silhouette look of the flower, so did not add any more color other than to outline the image with Copic marker Warm Gray (W1). It adds a nice depth to it! I'm still loving the double scallop edges too!
The inside sentiment is from CHF Friend Centers. I want Sandy to know that she has a new friend who is thinking about her and praying for her. As always, I like to match the inside sentiment with a stamped image from the card front, as well as on the envelope, to give a "matched set" look. Go the extra mile!

Finally, I tipped the flower with a Sakura Gelly Roll sparkle pen, added blue crystals, and a cream rayon ribbon (Michaels).

Now, just for giggles {insert hee hee}, this was how I started out but did not end up! Although I do love the flower with added color and I am obsessed with Martha Stewart's classic butterfly punch, it just wasn't the direction I was headed. BUT -- I mention it because it shows the versatility of the Inkadinkado Garden Set. Besides ... I like having a "quick grab" in my DONE BOX for when time is not on my side when I need a card! I hope you enjoy today's card.

1 comment:

Sheila D said...

"Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you". I'm so happy to find your blog. Love your art. This card is beautiful with the simplistic elegance. I, too, am sending prayers and a hug to Sandy. I'm off to look at the rest of your blog. You're now in my google reader.