Monday, June 1, 2009

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful, and I know that full well. Psalms 139:14

I bet there was a time in your life when you didn't know that. Maybe you don’t know it now. A time when someone let you down – big time. A time when, maybe, you let yourself down. We've all been there. That's why I chose this verse to kick off our Summer Women's Bible Study at my church. The theme is "Celebrate Life" which is an 8-week study on how to thoroughly enjoy the life God has designed for each of us. It includes a Scripture Memory Challenge for each lady to make a weekly scrapbook page or card that includes a bible verse that is meaningful to her.

I am taking these two examples to our first class, since many of the ladies are new to paper-crafting. Each lady will have a basic kit for a 6x6 page which includes this selected scripture verse, and they will have an opportunity to embellish using a variety of punches, flowers, ribbons, etc. Then, in the weeks that follow, they will choose their own weekly verse (because we have the most victory with the verses we each need most). Scripture memory is work -- but it can be fun, especially when we do it together! So get ready for some fun because - after all - you are fearfully and wonderfully made!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That's a favorite verse of mine, and I love what you've done with these cards. Great idea to give the ladies a basic kit and let them embellish their pages as they like: that allows for different styles as well as different levels of experience.

Unknown said...

These are lovely! I love how the black butterflies really pop on the first one!

Janine said...

Hey girlfriend!! How are you?
What a fabulous creation!!
Have a great weekend.!

Anonymous said...

Hi There I'd love to thank you for such a terrific quality site!
I was sure this is a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/lilo-and-stitch-party-supplies.html]lilo and stitch Party Supplies[/url].