Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Good Life

What does one do when you retire? Some good friends of ours threw themselves a retirement party! About 100 peoples had fun in the sun, got wet in their swimming pool, and ate hot dogs and hamburgers until it was time to stuff ourselves with frozen fruit salad. I wanted to make a gift set of cards for HER and a separate gift for HIM - what do ya get the couple who has everything? So I made three additional cards to match up with this set and it was the perfect HER gift!
If you don't have a stash of Papertrey Clearly Creative Card Boxes, you are missing out on a clearly easy peasy way to package your talents! Tie with a pretty bow and wa-la! I knew that I wanted these three cards to say "The Good Life" so I computer generated it using word art shapes, inspired by the Karen Lockhart sentiment on this post.
The HE gift didn't get photographed -- sorry! I separately wrapped three of Rick's favorite candy (Neapolitan coconut bars) and paper crimped the ends before tying the entire stack with a bow and a "Good Life" tag. But wait! The good part is that I stamped black and orange cardstock with little motor cycles and the words "Happy Place" and then wrapped and crimped them. Did I mention we ride cycles together? :) It was cute! As cute as Harley coconut bars could be!

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Aaawww .. what a sweet gift idea! I'm sure they were really touched by these personalized gifts! LOVE that chair ... what can I say ... you really make it look "so inviting" with the colors you use! GREAT job again!!