Saturday, November 21, 2009

Vintage Journals

Happy is the heart that is busy making journals for the Women's Christmas Tea! (See prior post) Here we have a table full of lovlies for my guests. I learned some tips and tricks this time around ... Rub-on's do their thing better with my fingernail than with a popsicle stick! I must have broken a dozen popsicle sticks before I learned the secret! (yes, I'm blond) Another thing I learned is how much fun it is to mix and match various flowers and chipboards, laced with glitter and stickles!
The vintage feel of old sheet music is a winner! If you don't have a music sheet type of stamp, get thee to your local scrapbook store. It just warms up everything -- paper, chipboard, flowers!

Look at that lovely new K&Company paper mache' flower?! Drool. And another thing is ... A girl can never under-estimate the power of her ribbon stash.
I used PTI's new Take Note stamp set for most of the tags, and the rectangle in the center is stamped first, then hand-stitched with a brown fine tip pen, and then cut with decorative scissors. Lots of subtle backgrounds here, so the glitter and bling would really stand out. I'm planning to put these into simple glassine bags, they are just so pretty all by themselves!
The inside looks stinkin' adorable, all dolled up with clever stamps from Take Note. I am quickly falling in love with that set! Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Kay those are just so beautiful. I wish I had the directions on how to make them. hint hint. lol
I have missed seeing your posts, hope dh is doing fine. hugs

Anonymous said...

Kay, your note books keep getting more beautiful with each passing week. I'm looking forward to unpacking all my crafting stuff and having a go at making some of these myself.