Wednesday, September 14, 2011

She Loves She Art


More "she art" to show you!  Some time back, we had a women's ministry summer gathering at church entitled "Singing in the Rain" and our guest speaker was a lovely lady named Amber who shared her powerful testimony about the loss of her 7 year old daughter to an inoperable brain tumor, and Amber's resultant crisis of belief 5 years later.  Her wrestlings with God took her through unimaginable grief, leaving her alone with her questions.  Have you ever questioned God?

Ultimately, God won Amber's heart in a year-long wrestling match when she came to realize that He loves her no matter what.  As a thank you gift for ministering to our group, I made Amber this 8x8 canvas with the bible verse "She can do all things through Christ who strengthens her".  I think I love this canvas more than any others I have done.  It's color palette is soothing, and so is it's theme.

A matching composition notebook  joins the canvas, in the same soothing colors.  I do love butterflies, oh yes I do!  On these types of mixed media projects, they just "fit" the flighty nature of the art, don't you agree?  Butterflies in headbands, hair pony tails, dress trim, and backgrounds.  Flutter by butterflies!

This morning, I am thankful for my creative times.  Time that allows me to reflect and ponder my own "wrestlings with God" and how he ultimately won my own heart.  We all have a story to tell.  We are all stories in the making aren't we?  Today, as I go about my busy day at work and in life, I will remember that "She can do all things through Christ who strengthens her."

8 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I am sure that Amber is going to love this...how strange, I was thinking about my wrestle with God just the other day... was trying to think of what to put on the first page of my Project 365 that I will never get done... and thought about writing about when I became a child of God. hugs

IndyCinD said...

She shares her "She Art" generously, and will be blessed in return.

Anonymous said...

Love these pretty young ladies. I really like those folds in the skirts. They really do it for me. And that cute butterfly in her hair. And the unruly wild hair. She looks beautiful all over. She even looks beautiful on the inside. I can tell just from looking at her ;)

DIANA L. said...

This is beautiful I just love it. Great piece of art I am your newest follower I hope you will consider following me also.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Thanks for popping by to say hello... I hope you r MIA because you are having fun not because of anything serious. Hugs my friend

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog... i always get a smile when i see you have left me a comment... and you are so right, we need to take time to remember what the season is all about... i so wish you could have seen the beautiful sunset God had for me to see when i came out of the store last night... He is so awesome.. i pray you are doing well.. if God lays on your heart, i could use some prayers .... i am so blessed to have you for a friend... I pray you have the best Christmas ever... that God will pour down blessing to you and your family... hugs sandy from ukiah

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Kay, i just wanted to pop in and wish you the BEST CHRISTMAS ever... i pray God will shower down blessings and more blessings on you throughout 2012... I haven't seen you post in awhile, i hope everything is ok... you are often in my prayers... i am truly blessed to have gotten to know you my friend... if you have any extra prayers, i could use one... love and hugs sandy from ukiah

Barbara said...

I love this canvas! I would love to know what kind of paint did you use or did you just use paper? I'm learning this mixed media stuff and would like to know more about your
work.
Barbara