Monday, October 27, 2008

Father Time

I'm chipping away at Christmas cards. This is one I designed for Papertrix, a wonderful rubber stamp store located in Nashville, Indiana. This simple card would be easy to mass produce, yet it packs an elegant punch. First, I punched the card corners with an EK success elegant corner punch, and THEN I embossed with the Textile CB folder. {Let me emphasize the hint here - punch corners first and then emboss to avoid a jam in your corner punch, she said with authority!) I then added red cardstock as a background to add highlight to the corners, along with pearls. Father Time is stamped, then cut and embossed with spellbinders oval dies.
This beautiful garland is included in this Crafty Secrets stamp set, available at Papertrix. I used it to accent both the envelope and card-inside, using copics for coloring. I mean, after all, since the card was a 1-2-3 snap to do, why not go the extra mile for the receiver? When you care to send the very best .... you do!

2 comments:

Paula Barin said...

I love this card. It's one of the best Christmas cards I've seen so far this season.

Darlene said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I have this Crafty Secrets vintage christmas set and what you have done with it here is AWESOME!!! TFS