Saturday, January 24, 2009

Valentines - Bling it on!

Disclaimer: These cards are ridiculously fun! And busy. And did I mention fun? You know Picasso is at work when there is only one square inch of dining room table that does not have something covering it! It all started innocently enough ... my Unity Kit of the Month arrived and then I made a spontaneous combustion stop at Archivers with my mom. Let's dish, shall we?

Ridiculously Fun Card #1 front view. DP is from the Basic Gray/Urban Prairie collection. I could not resist this paper any more than I could ever resist a cream-filled twinkie! It is hip, fresh, and full of life. Get thee to Archivers and indulge yourself! The stamped flower and sentiment are both from Art Warehouse/My Heart Flowers {limited edition}, colored with copics - doesn't it match the DP to a tee! Ridiculously Fun Card #1 inside view. You've heard me say this a million times, and here is a million and one -- if you care enough to send the very best {and I bet you do}, then match the inside and envelope to your card! The recipient will think you went the extra mile for them ... and you did!

Ridiculously Fun Card #2 front view. The stamped heart explosion is from Unity KOM -- my mailbox does the happy dance when the monthly box arrives! Again, image is colored with copics and cut/embossed with Spellbinders Nestabilities. Okay, I HAVE to figure out a storage system for my Nesties ... I digress, but it's on the to-do list! Sentiment is from Stampendous Clear/Love Messages.

Ridiculously Fun Card #2 inside view. This shows you a great view of the heart explosion. If you are new to copic markers, don't forget to outline your copic-colored images with W1 {warm gray} for depth. SO much bang for your buck!

Ridiculously Fun Card #3 front view. Go ahead, ask me how I cut the black scallop mat around the stamped flower image ... notta, uh uh, no way, did not do ... it's part of the stamp! Unity KOM again! Now I admit, this one wins the busy prize but shouldn't Valentines Day be a little giddy? Besides ... I HAD to use the bling flower accents since they were my one free Hot Spot item from Archivers!
Ridiculously Fun Card #3 inside view. Speaking of hot ... wouldn't this be a fabo card to send to my 86 year old mom who makes cards and loves shopping at Archivers with me? She would trot off to the activity center at her Independent Senior Community and announce to the world she is hot! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, kids. Have a beautiful day!


No comments: