Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cheerio!

Cheerio to you and you and you! Today's card is a mix of happy-go-lucky and warm romance all in one. I had a big fat happy blast in Archiver's the other day, with a gift card from my sister, for my big fat happy birthday. And I was smitten with this little Hero Arts banner stamp! Maybe you've seen it in their mini-card displays?
First, I used a SU Top Note Die cut for the background piece, which I embossed with a cuttlebug folder. Then I tried my hand with one of Tim Holtz's paint daubers - a super yummy color called Juniper that makes me happy. I want my entire dining room walls to be Juniper! I stamped the little flag pendants on various patterned paper and cut them out, adhering with pop dots.
The little flowers are handmade -- a tip I picked up while blog hopping one day (I'm sorry I can't find the tutorial!) but it is simply done by layering several tiny prima flowers together. I pinched together the petals and twisted the bottom, then snipped a tiny bit off the bottom and glued to another tiny prima flower. Repeating process until I was happy! It makes the banner look so darn cute!
The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse, Fancy Phrases, including the little flourish. Ruffled ribbon from the fabric store, with some bling added. And I'm getting A LOT OF USE out of my Diztresser tool -- buzz buzz buzzing around the edges and making me shabby happy! I hope you have a Cheerio! kind of day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the card! At first glance they looked like cupcakes!!! Please tell me Kay, to use the SU Top Note do u need to have a Big Shot or will something else work? Keep up your wonderful talents and thankyou for sharing them. You have truly been given a gift my friend infact many many wonderful gifts. Love you friend

Deborah Ann said...

Hi, visiting from the Saleslady's blog.

What gorgeous artwork!

Blessings,
Deb