Monday, October 18, 2010

Grunge Paper Tags

I went grunge! Not exactly my style, but after playing around a bit, I think it could be my style - hah! Grunge paper is best described as a "discovery" ... so soft and felty and bendy. First, I set up my Distress Ink Pads in a row and went to town with sponge applicators as I inked up the background colors for the tags. Then I stamped various backgrounds and borders. The tag itself is NOT a true shipping tag (it's grunge paper)!! The reinforced hole at the top is a small circle punch of brown cardstock.
This blue and brown number uses original Sizzix Decorative Accent #2 die and Flower Layers #4. The background of the Decorative Accent was stamped with Queen Wendy Vecchi's background from Artfully Said. The gorgeous stamped lace at the bottom is from Queen Wendy Vecchi's set In Love With Art.

This background stamp is Unity Distressed Dots which is very cool look! The flower was made using Papertrey's Delightful Dahlia Die which I cut in half, then cut slits in toward the flower center, so that I could curl the petals upward. That's the bendy fun part of grunge paper! Saying is from Queen Wendy Vecchi's set Art By the Number.

This purple & green number is my fav! Background lines are from Queen Wendy Vecchi Dreams of Art. Leaves are a Sizzix die, as are the tulips. Both of these Sizzix dies are eon's old - which means they are Originals and these two particular dies are the yellow half size ones. Now aren't those purple flower centers to die for? Prima -- they KNOW flower centers! Get thee to Archivers and grab 'em up!
This yellow number has a YOUnique stamp and flower stem ... the saying is a Limited Edition wooden stamp by Stampendous and the leaves are from My Cute Stamps Nature set (stamped and cut out with scissors). Once again, I cut a flower in half so I could show off the bendy petals better!
This blue tag sports a Sizzix Original Bird, Sparrow Die. Background is Unity Aged Sheet Music stamp ... with a Unity saying from an old Kit of the Month. It's fun to cut up any stamped sentiment, and apply it "collage" style! So ... all in all ... I'm hooked on grunge ... I'm in Love With Art ... and I'm still trying to clean the ink off my fingers! :)

No comments: