Monday, February 21, 2011

It Takes a Village

The challenge? Use old book pages or sheet music in some form or fashion in your project. This is what our craft group did last month. So I dolled up some little wooden bird houses that I purchased at JoAnn's for $1 each. Here is the little village they turned into!First, I painted them with basic acrylic paint using a sponge applicator - very easy and not time consuming at all because they dry so quickly. Each roof is "thatched" with layers of scallop edges.
Then all that is left to do is embellish - the fun part! Some houses were covered with additional papers, but the front of each house was left for the paint to show. I choose various cute sentiments from here and there and added some tags and buttons as I went along.
This blue/green house is one of my fav's! Love the saying and matching tag.
Well, maybe this house is my fav because of the funny saying!? It's hard to choose!
Ever since I re-discovered my hot glue gun, projects like these have been fun to tackle. Adding trims and buttons are a breeze.
Many of the stamped tags are from a new whimsy art stamp set that I ordered from Stampington.
Here is my little village all lined up in a row, just like San Francisco houses! LOL
This is a nice photo of the roofs and back sides. I love them. I love my village. I'm moving in.

No comments: