Friday, March 20, 2009

Bloomin' With Love

I have Spring on my mind! As in ... planting flowers! But for now, I'll have to do it on paper and wait for warmer temps. Becky at Inking Idaho inspired me to do these springy cards.

There are SO many cute stamps in this set - SU Bloomin' With Love! The wheel barrel is stamped twice - once on white cardstock and once on designer paper and cut out. I masked the wheel barrel and flower pots when stamping - what a cool technique!

Kraft cardstock is a great compliment to Parisian Breeze DP! I simply flipped the 2-sided DP for this card, showing the blue polka side instead of the brown floral side shown above. It is noteworthy that Parisian Breeze is a speciality DP which is heavy weight cardstock! Nice!

Stamped images are cut and framed with Spellbinders Rectangle Die, and I added a cute photo corner from SU punches. This is one of my go-to punches - I find that photo corners can really pop on a finished card!

Images are colored with copics, and then I used a stipple brush while it was still in the Spellbinders Die to get a nice background. Notice the wheel treatment? A jumbo eyelet with a crystal brad inside!

Here's the inside card treatment ... a matching strip of Parisian Breeze DP with the sentiment. And another little flower for good measure!

Close up of inside sentiment and matching envelope. I DO hope your day is blooming with love!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

These are beautiful Kay! Love the springy colors and image!
I'm happy to report I purchased my very own laptop today so I won't miss any of your beautiful postings!!
COME ON SPRINGTIME!!

Janine said...

These are so so pretty!! I just love that set!!