Monday, March 16, 2009

Potential for Spring

I love love love Michelle Wooderson's blog, and she made some cute cards inspired by ATC's here. I am not a big fan of ATC's, but I would be if they were this cute! Cute enough to put on a card front! This is my case of Michelle's cute cards.


Cardstock is Kraft, Pink Pirouette (I LOVE this pink!), and Baja Breeze for the sentiment. Flower stamp is from SU True Friends, inked with markers. I stamped the lines with Lined Paper Backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms. Sentiment is a retired SU set, but any sentiment would work. Image is cut with Spellbinders Rectangle Nesties.

This picture shows the matching envelopes. If you care enough to send the very best ... and I know you do ... ink up some matching envelopes!

This time, I also lined the envelopes to bring out the Baja Breeze color on the card.

Recently, I purchased a bunch of Kraft cardstock, and let me tell you that it goes with everything! I now consider it a stash staple. So are buttons. Every piece of clothing I buy that comes with extra buttons -- I snip those right off and put them in my button stash. I used a bit of jute to tie the buttons onto these cards.

Another good picture --- how can I resist? I LOVE this card! Notice the pink crystal brad for the flower center? I also used buttons for some of the flower centers.
Finally, I added some special treatment on the inside. A Kraft strip, stamped with Polka Dot Basics by PaperTrey Ink (to match the card front), and a matching stamp from the SU True Friend set, punched with circles. I'm just over the moon!

No comments: