Sunday, September 13, 2009

Halloween is Almost Here (ssnotime104)

I decided to make a Halloween project out of some wonderful stamped images sent to me by Sweetie Pie Janine! And since she is on Sharon's design team, it was a perfect time to play along with this week's Halloween challenge! Some time ago, Sweetie Pie Janine sent me a goody box plumb full of happiness - it made me squeeel! I love her style, her work is inspiring, and her heart is bigger than a moon pie! Thanks, Janine, for making light work of this Halloween project! These line art images said "color me with copics, Kay". So I indulged - sigh. But I told them they must endure bright colors that make your eyes blink! And yet, they still agreed. Thus, welcome to my rendition of Halloween. I'm not big on spooky, so rather than traditional Halloween sentiments I chose a theme of "anything goes" and it was a blast!
Some images are over stamped with PTI Polka Dot Basics (ah-hem, just get it!) and other images I simply used my trusty technique of sponge daubing while still in die. These beautiful line art images stand alone, especially with these bright colors, so everything is grounded in basic black cardstock, on a Kraft base.
The "other" side of this cool black polka dot paper has bowling balls and pins on it! I don't expect to go bowling anytime soon, but you watch -- next week Mr. Stubborn with the newly replaced knee will want to try it! I'll just have to say "Nope, I already used that paper!" :)

Some cards have rounded corners, some have ticket corners, some are sideways, some are longways. I just went to town with no never mind! I always wanted to live in a purple house with an orange roof, don't you? Just look at the warm glow through the front doors! What a NICE neighborhood! It just needs a Harley parked along side the driveway ...
You will notice that some cards have a smaller piece of the "inside/out bowling paper" (i.e. black polka dot). In those instances, I stamped a black or purple cardstock with CHF Pretty Pattern Backgrounder using Fresh Snow Ink. I LOVE this gal and her pumpkins! Perhaps it's because I'm kinda short (and chunky), and a streak of jealousy might pass through my mind for a fleeting second?! Or maybe it's because I love pumpkin bread so much?!
The best for last! Jeepers Creepers, I'm smiling almost as big as this guy! Thanks, Sharon, for a fun challenge. Thanks, Janine, for contributing to a smashing fun set of cards!

4 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Kay you have such a way with words, I so enjoy you.. and the cards are absolutely adorable. I need someone to teach me how to use the copics.

Darlene said...

KOOL!!! I LOVE your "non traditional" Halloween creations!! And yes, Janine is a sweetie pie with a heart of gold. I too have some of these adorable images ... I just hope I can create with them as well as you have! If not ... I'll drive on over to Indiana and you can help me .. okay?!? Have a GREAT one my friend!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, I so totally love these cards. I'm not a great fan of Halloween, after all it's not part of our Aussie traditions, but I love these cards. Your colouring is beautiful and I'm always a sucker for spots. Thanks for posting!

Janine said...

Kay you make me blush!! What a wonderful batch of cards. I am so glad that you like those long legged ladies. Hallowe'en is just such a fun time of the year and great for creating all kinds of things. Have a great day sweetie!!