Monday, August 25, 2008

Garden Poems

Tonight I played with a new Penny Black stamp, Garden Poems. I'm crazy for daisies - so this was a natural fit for me! And for the first time ever I played with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, Textile, after recently discovering that it is compatible with my Sizzix machine (thanks Linda and Joyce for sending me down this new path of obsession)! The card base is made with SU Close to Cocoa, and the Cuttlebug design is embossed onto SU Certainly Celery (my all time favorite cardstock color). I have a recurring dream --- to have a Certainly Celery dining room someday! So Saffron runs a close 2nd. I sure hope you speak my speak, or this blog will give you a headache! I felt that the daisy design lends itself well to a slight all-over highlight with Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink, applied with a stipple brush.


This picture shows the matching daisy on the inside of the card and on the envelope. I simply off-stamped a portion of the daisy and colored with Copics to match the front card design. It adds so much to the overall card when the receiver thinks you went the extra mile to match everything perfectly --- and you did!


These are the Copic markers used. As always, remember to outline your image with warm gray to give it a nice shadow. The sentiment is from CHF, Silhouette Blooms II. This was just too fun! Thanks for visiting and have a spendiferous day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love daisies too and this card is adorable! Love the daisy inside the card and on the envelope.

JenMarie said...

Oh, this is just BEEEEautiful!

Kay said...

Thanks Jenmarie. My middle name is Marie - hoot! I enjoyed your blog and appreciate your comment!