Saturday, August 16, 2008

Love


My first creative post! This was so fun -- the kind of fun that makes you feel like you are wearing an "arteest" smock and when you are finished you say "Voila"!

I stamped the tree on good, heavy quality watercolor paper, and colored with Copic Markers, making sure to shadow the entire image with my favorite Copic Marker - W1 warm gray. I then overstamped the entire image with Le London background stamp. Unfortunately, I do not know the exact color of the pale yellow cardstock, but I also overstamped it separately before mounting. The base background was stamped in SU white craft ink. I am BIG on background stamps!

I created a scallop edge embellishment using my SU corner rounder, although their new scallop edge punch is definitely on my shopping list! Add a few crystals, tie on a sheer ribbon, add sentiment with small jump ring -- and stand back and say "Voila"!
__________
Credits:
Stamps: Windy Tree (Hero Arts); Le London Script (Stampabilities); Love ($1 bin/Michaels); Sanded Background (Stampin' Up)
Copics: G21, V15, W1
Cardstock: SU Elegant Eggplant; Wasabi Green; Watercolor Paper
Inks: SU Black; SU White Craft Ink; Antique Linen & Peeled Paint (Tim Holtz Distress Ink)
Punches: SU corner rounder

No comments: